Our little smokehouse....
We (Tim and Gill) run and own a small multi award-winning smokehouse set on the beautiful Suffolk Coast, producing a delicious range of smoked foods and beautiful hampers.
Tim has a great passion for all things food, so many years ago Gill brought him a semi-professional smoker. Little did she realise that this would completely change both their lifes. After much experimentation, several expensive mistakes and a number of smokers, Tim's hobby turned into a business and in 2010 we opened the doors to The Artisan Smokehouse.
A lot of hard work followed, but has resulted in us winning many national and regional awards, and critical acclaim. These have included many Great Taste Awards, Young British Foodies Meat Champion, Suffolk Food & Drink Awards Pride of Suffolk, along with the odd 'Best in Show' rosette here and there! For more details please click here.
We pride ourselves on the quality of ingredients we use and are dedicated to using ethically sourced products, prioritising local British producers. The quality of our smoked products are dependent upon the care and attention that we take at every stage, from sourcing the raw products, through preparation and smoking, to packaging and delivery.
All our smoked meats and fish are traditionally dry cured using no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Unusually, we use maple wood to smoke our products, which we feel gives a more delicate flavour. For more information on the smoking process, please click here.
Our business today....
Our business has grown a little since the early days and is now based around our online shop, attending regional and national events and supplying hampers for both individuals and businesses.
We are in the fortunate position of needing to expand our business, so in the first quarter of 2015 our barn started to take shape. Soon the barn will house our smokehouse, along with a small deli and cafe, serving delicious charcuterie and cheese platters, wine and beer....
Our key values....
- To produce products of superb quality, that are beautifully presented
- To source and use the finest quality ingredients
- To prioritise local British producers and products
- To use ethically sourced and reared, sustainable products
- To produce products free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives
- To take equal care and attention with every product produced
- To ensure a high standard of customer service and satisfaction
- To comply with the highest standards of food hygiene and safety management