Yummy Roasted Smoked Garlic Recipe....September 25 2015
We frequently get asked what to do with our Smoked Garlic in order to keep its smokey flavour. We cold smoke our garlic, so most of the smokiness is in the outer skin - so don't peel it!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 People depending on use
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas mark 6
- Take a large (oven proof) coffee cup, ramekin or garlic roaster and line it with a large piece of tin foil, with the edges hanging over the rim
- Place the garlic (whole with skin on) in the foil and drizzle with the oil (use as much as you can as this is used later on, so none goes to waste!)
- Fold up the foil to form a garlic parcel
- Then bake at 200°C for approximately 30 mins
- Take the whole thing out of the oven and either eat straight from the foil (be very careful as everything will be very hot), with some crusty bread and maybe some baked Camembert (yummy!!) or....
- Allow the roast garlic to cool throughly
- Tip the oil into a ramekin or small bowl and squeeze out the soft sweet smokey garlic into the oil. Keep the husk of the garlic, which can be boiled up with your favourite stock for a soup later on
- You can use your garlic paste in mash, sauces, gravy, curries, mayonnaise or just spread on bread with some cheese
- Try mixing it up with some fresh herbs and butter for a smoked garlic butter to melt into a steak or fillet of fish! Enjoy....